Friday, February 28, 2014

Egg Quesadilla


Most mornings I wake up feeling like this little guy (but decidedly less cute).  Like I would rather be asleep, like the best way to express my emotions is through whiny tears and high pitched shrieks, and like I would rather rub cheerios on my face than attempt to eat.  Alas, the rest of the day beckons, and I've successfully convinced several hundred people that I'm an adult.  Thus, while the coffee brews, I always try to pull together breakfast.

I need breakfast to stick with me, primarily because I need something to absorb the heavy caffeine hit from the coffee (even ten years after drinking coffee every day, I still get coffee shakes if I don't eat first).


While I love sugary breakfast cereals, sweets, muffins etc, I avoid those for breakfast since one of my major goals in life is to go more than 3 hours in between eating.

The Egg Quesadilla is an easy way for me to mix up my breakfast and to use up those Avocados (is it just me or do avocados only stay ripe not rotten for exactly 15 hours at your house too?)

I would say that this breakfast qualifies as the fanciest breakfast that I can manage on a weekday.  It's one step above scrambled eggs and toast because it requires opening up the fridge and potentially preparing some condiments.  Total prep and cook time is about 5 minutes if you have a gas stove.  Maybe six if you've got electric.



Egg Quesadilla

2 Eggs
1/2 oz shredded cheese
8" Flour Tortilla (Whole wheat if you're feeling healthy)
Butter

Directions:
1. Scramble Eggs
2. Place Scrambled Eggs and Cheese into Tortilla
3. Place Tortilla in same pan you used to scramble the eggs cook on medium heat 1 minute
4. Flip Quesadilla and cook for 1 more minute
5. Serve with avocado, sour cream, salsa and cilantro

No comments :

Post a Comment